Smith is Director General of the NRC Institute for Biodiagnostics and is being recognized for his work in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and its global contributions to health care.
What does IBD stand for?
IBD stands for Institute for Biodiagnostics
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IBD
We have 95 other meanings of IBD in our Acronym Attic
- Ill Be Damned
- Improvised Biological Device
- Inclusion Body Disease (viral disease of boid snakes)
- Income before Depreciation
- Income-Based Deductible (health plans)
- Indigenous Business Development Program (Australia)
- Infectious Bursal Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Inhabited Building Distance
- Inherited Bleeding Disorder
- Institute of Brewing & Distilling (formerly the Institute & Guild of Brewing; UK)
- Insurance Broker/Dealer
- Integrated Base Defense
- Integrated Building Design (process)
- Interest Bearing Debt (finance)
- Interest Bearing Deposit
- Interface Block Diagram
- Intermittent Blow Down (boilers)
- International Banking Division (various locations)
- International Brand Design (Taiwan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Smith, Director General, Institute for Biodiagnostics, National Research Council Canada.
The IBD Centre is also involved in a project with the National Research Council and the Institute for Biodiagnostics in assessing how the brain perceives bowel area pain, so better anti-pain therapy can be developed.
About Novadaq Novadaq Technologies, a privately held company, was founded in April 2000 and is a spin-off from the National Research Council's Institute for Biodiagnostics in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Ian Smith, FCIC, is director general of the National Research Council Canada (NRC) Institute for Biodiagnostics in Winnipeg, MB.
a Canadian spin-off company from the Institute for Biodiagnostics - National Research Council of Canada in the cardiovascular field.
About Novadaq Novadaq Technologies, founded in April 2000, is a spin-off from the National Research Council's Institute for Biodiagnostics in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and is privately held.
Mantsch joined the NRC shortly thereafter and moved to Winnipeg to help establish the Institute for Biodiagnostics.