Helmet-mounted displays and wearable sensors under development by Germany's Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT) would measure the firefighters' physical condition and the state of their surroundings before sending data via radio to a command post.
What does FIT stand for?
FIT stands for Institute for Applied Information Technology (GMD, Germany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FIT
We have 280 other meanings of FIT in our Acronym Attic
- Fully Integrated Technology
- Functional Integration Test
- Functional Interface Translator
- Fundamentals of Instructor Training (Red Cross)
- Funds Investment Trust (various locations)
- Funds-In-Trust (intangible cultural heritage financial assistance)
- Future Improvement Technology Foundation (New Jersey)
- Future in Teaching (Hawaii)
- Future Income Tax
- Future Interaction Technology
- Forschung, Innovation, Technologie, Informationstechnologie
- Fit for Life, Fit for Work, Fit for Tomorrow (UK Health & Executive Safety intervention programme)
- Federal Income Tax Act (Canada)
- Federation Internationale de Tir a l'Arc (International Archery Federation)
- Federation of International Target Archery
- Federation of International Trade Associations
- Federazione Italiana Taekwondo (Italian Taekwondo Federation)
- Festival International de Théatre Action (French: International Festival of Theatre Action; Belgium)
- Field Installable Termination Assembly
- Fire in the Asylum (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
21 /PRNewswire/ -- MelTec GmbH and the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT today signed a collaborative agreement to develop an information technology platform for the management and interpretation of high-throughput experiments analyzing protein networks of whole cells in situ, also known as topological proteomics or toponomics.
Developed with the prestigious Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT, RedDot's Web Compliance Manager is an add-on module to the CMS and XCMS enterprise content management offerings to ensure Web sites, portals and intranets are 508 and WCAG compliant.