Americans tend to send and read texts when they are with insignificant others, i.
What does IO stand for?
IO stands for Insignificant Other
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IO
We have 16 other meanings of IO in our Acronym Attic
- Information Orientation
- Information Outlet (LAN)
- Information Output
- Information Overload
- Infrastructure Optimization
- Initial Only
- Input Operator
- Insertion Order (web advertising)
- Inside Out (Frisbee throw)
- Inspecciòn Ocular (Guatemala, police task force)
- Inspectie van het Onderwijs (Dutch)
- Installing Officer (International Order of DeMolay)
- Instant Outlining
- Institute of Oceanography
- Institutional Official (various organizations)
- Integrated Operations (oil industry)
- Integrated Optics
- Intelligence Officer
- Intelligence Oversight
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stephen McCauley's fans are known to look forward to his next novel with anticipation, and it's a pleasure to say that his sixth novel, Insignificant Others, is well worth the wait.
On Friday, March 11 the party comes to Liverpool's baby cream at the Albert Dock, from 8pm till late and the hot house duo Insignificant Others (Skyline Records) will be providing the sound track with their super cool electro funky house.