The exception might be inside linebacker, where two new starters lead a group of players long on talent but short on experience.
What does ILB stand for?
ILB stands for Inside Linebacker (football)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ILB
We have 37 other meanings of ILB in our Acronym Attic
- In-Line Binning
- Inbound Load Balancing
- Incandescent Light Bulb
- Independent Law Brokers, Ltd. (UK)
- Industrial Light Beam (Australia)
- Industry Lead Bodies
- Industry Lead Body
- Inflation Linked Bond (financial debt instrument)
- Inner Lead Bond
- Inshore LifeBoat
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Irish Lighthouse Board
- Illinois Licensed Beverage Association (est. 1880)
- International Log Builders' Association
- I Love Being Black (retail line)
- Incomplete Left Bundle Branch
- Intravenous Laser Blood Beaming
- Incomplete Left Bundle Branch Block
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus (est. 1968)
- Indian Landing Boat Club (est. 1906; Millersville, MD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Former Patriots inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who was honored here two weeks ago, has also been impressed with Mayo.
It's very comfortable," said Carter, a junior who played inside linebacker at Crenshaw High.
Second-year linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, who missed last season because of a knee injury, also was expected to be in the heat of the competition at inside linebacker.
Most coaches teach their inside linebackers and nose to include the guards as part of their key.
Vobora was a second-team all-Midwestern League selection as an inside linebacker last fall, and an honorable mention choice at quarterback.
Other members of the 2000-2009 team are offensive guard Joe Andruzzi, tight end Daniel Graham, wide receiver Troy Brown, running back Corey Dillon, defensive end Richard Seymour, outside linebacker Mike Vrabel, inside linebackers Tedy Bruschi and Roman Phifer, cornerback Asante Samuel, safety Rodney Harrison, punter Josh Miller and special teams player Larry Izzo.
``Blake McMartin our inside linebacker is an unsung important player on that defense,'' Welch said.