2 million fewer insecticide-treated mosquito nets will be procured, leading to over 3,200 deaths due to malaria; 2 million fewer people will receive treatment.
What does ITMN stand for?
ITMN stands for Insecticide-Treated Mosquito Nets (malaria control)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) Taxonomy Modules Manager (online software; International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation)
- In the Meantime Men's Group (Los Angeles, CA)
- Information Theory Model of Markets (finance)
- Institute of Therapeutic Massage & Movement (Nashville, TN)
- Integrated Thermal Math Model
- Introduction to Modern Mathematics (Warsaw University of Technology; Poland)
- IT Management Maturity
- Institute of Transport & Maritime Management Antwerp (University of Antwerp; Antwerp, Belgium)
- Infinity TXT (Text) Mobile Marketing Solutions (Singapore)
- ITunes Music and Movie Store
- International Topical Meeting on Neutron Radiography
- In the Matter Of (legal; various locations)
- Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (Saint Petersburg State University; Russia)
- Information Technology Management Office (est. 1981; Division of the State Chief Information Officer; South Carolina)
- International Training Management Office
- Interstate Theft Major Offenders (Task Force)
- Italian Trials in Medical Oncology (clinical trials)
- Information Technology Management and Organisational Change (degree; Lancaster University; UK)
- In the Mouth of Madness (movie)
- In The Mix Productions (Hayward, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The partnership, which is composed of several United Nations and international aid agencies, says many lives are being saved because of the widespread distribution of insecticide-treated mosquito nets and the use of combination therapies or ACTs.
The cash has funded an big increase in the number of households with insecticide-treated mosquito nets, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa where 50 percent now have the nets compared with just three percent in 2000.
It is encouraging to note that an earlier rural Surat study among 1200 households of 80 villages had revealed that about 79% of the respondents were willing to buy insecticide-treated mosquito nets (ITNs) and the mean willingness to pay was Rs.
pounds 80 provides 20 insecticide-treated mosquito nets to prevent the spread of malaria.
To that end, CDC recently reached an agreement with PSI, which already tends a network of kiosks in Kenya that sell condoms and insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
Her ears perk up when she hears about church initiatives in health and wellness, like the Tanzanian church's promotion of insecticide-treated mosquito nets, which reportedly slash by 25 per cent mortality rates for children under 5.
We must build on successes we have seen in places like Rwanda, Zambia and Zanzibar, where effective partnership and proven tools like insecticide-treated mosquito nets, spraying of homes with safe, effective insecticides and malaria diagnosis and treatment worked together to dramatically reduce deaths and illness.