Insect sting reactions can range from mild to life-threatening.
What does IST stand for?
IST stands for Insect Sting Reaction
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IST
We have 353 other meanings of IST in our Acronym Attic
- Information Services & Technologies (various organizations)
- Information Society Technologies (EU)
- Information Switching Technology (e-payment)
- Information Systems Technology
- Inherently Safer Technology (various organizations)
- Initial Service Test
- Initial Support Team
- Innovative Science & Technology
- Innovative Steam Technologies
- Innovative Surveillance Technology
- Installation Support Team (US DoD)
- Institut Universitaire Romand de Santé au Travail (French: Institute of Occupational Health Sciences; Switzerland)
- Institute for Simulation and Training
- Institute of Spring Technology (UK)
- Institutional Strengthening and Training (World Bank)
- Institutional Support Team
- Instituto Superior Técnico (Portugal: Institute for Higher Technology)
- Instructional Support Team
- Instructional Systems Technology (educational program)
- Instrument Support Terminal
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 and 3%, and people who have previously experienced generalized allergic insect sting reactions are at increased risk for reactions from future stings.
Insect sting reactions fall into two categories: immediate and delayed.