The program scope includes delivery of 395 new Delivery Bar Code Sorter Input/Output Subsystems with Expanded Capability (DIOSS-EC), 217 Input/Output Subsystem (IOSS) modules to retrofit fielded Delivery Bar Code Systems (DBCS), and upgrades to 213 existing DIOSS and 53 Combined Input/Output Subsystems (CIOSS).
What does IOS stand for?
IOS stands for Input/Output Subsystem
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IOS
We have 195 other meanings of IOS in our Acronym Attic
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Improved Oceanographic Sensor
- Inactive, Obsolete, Surplus (jobs)
- Independent On Sunday
- Index of Services (service industries; various locations)
- Indian Ocean Tracking Station (AFSCN)
- Individual Ordinance Summary
- Infinity Optical Systems
- Initial Operating Sector
- Initial Operational System
- Input/Output Supervisor
- Inspired of Spirit (online forum)
- Institute for Optical Sciences (University of Toronto; Canada)
- Institute for Orgonomic Science
- Institute of Objective Studies (India)
- Institute of Ocean Sciences (Canada)
- Institute of Oceanographic Sciences
- Institute of Sociology
- Institute of Software (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Institute of Statisticians (est. 1948; now Royal Statistical Society; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SSI system is unique in that it uses a single operating system to control its 512 processors, single shared memory and the input/output subsystem.
This single-system image consists of 512 processors attached to shared memory and an input/output subsystem, all of which are connected by the robust IRIX operating system from SGI.
The Navigation Input/Output subsystem uses a certified navigation filter and software that is operational today in U.
6) In addition to the superior design of the HP ProLiant DL585 server, the result also showcased HP Smart Array controllers and StorageWorks enclosures, which provided the high input/output subsystem necessary to achieve the breakthrough performance levels.
Computone is a leading developer of multiuser communications solutions and the world's largest manufacturer of intelligent serial input/output subsystems of microcomputers.
The chipsets unleash the power of Itanium 2 processors by lowering memory latencies and increasing memory and input/output subsystem scalability.
Each training device consists of a cockpit, fuselage, instructor operator station, simulation computer, and input/output subsystem.