On April 18, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) created a proposed rule for the Medicare Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) that encompasses a number of important changes.
What does IPPS stand for?
IPPS stands for Inpatient Prospective Payment System (medical payments)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IPPS
We have 34 other meanings of IPPS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Public Policy Research
- Integrated Product and Production Readiness (various companies)
- Intermittent Positive Pressure Respiration (thoracics)
- Identified Plant Pests Regulated by APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service; USDA)
- Indiana Petite Paws Rescue Angels
- Intellectual Property Protection Restoration Act
- Izin Penguasaan Perangkat Radio Amatir (Indonesian: Licensed Amateur Radio Control Device)
- International Product Placement Research Council
- Integrated Processing Produces Robust Understanding
- Industrial Pollution Projection System
- Instantaneous Personnel Protection System
- Institute for Public Policy Studies
- Instrument Power Protection System (Precision Power International, Inc.; Mission Viejo, CA)
- Integrated Personnel and Payroll System
- Integrated Power and Propulsion System
- Integrated Power Plant System
- Integrated Printing/Publishing System
- Integrated Procurement and Payment System
- International Parallel Processing Symposium
- International Pelvic Pain Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hospitals have had to come to grips with the impacts of health reform and updates to Medicare's Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), and now they have the debt deal to worry about.
Hospitals again may face the prospect of a behavioral offset in the proposed Medicare inpatient prospective payment system rule--a provision that would take billions of dollars out of an already underfunded government program.
The FY2008 Acute Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Final Rule required most hospitals to begin reporting this information to CMS on Oct.
The hospital-acquired conditions policy was issued as part of the Medicare acute care hospital inpatient prospective payment system final rule, which was published in the Federal Register on Aug.
A new rule to improve the accuracy of Medicare's payment under the acute care hospital inpatient prospective payment system has been proposed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Along with political debates over Medicare's Part D prescription drug benefit and other Medicare issues, he would oversee the ongoing reconfiguration of the inpatient prospective payment system.
GAO-06-880 July 28, 2006 Under Medicare's inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS), hospitals generally receive fixed payments for hospital stays based on diagnosis-related groups (DRG), a system that classifies stays by patient diagnosis and procedures.