[CDATA[ Letas balance our principled American concern with the rights of individuals who are presumed innocent until proven guilty against the rights of civilians of all faiths and race to survive.
What does IUPG stand for?
IUPG stands for Innocent Until Proven Guilty
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- International Union of Photobiology
- Institute on Urban Policy and Commerce (Florida A&M University)
- Inter-University Purchasing Committee (school laboratory gas purchases; UK)
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheter
- Indiana University Police Department
- International Unidentified Personal Encounter Authority (est. 2010)
- International Urban Planning and Environment Association (Germany)
- International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine
- Indo-US Parliamentary Forum (India)
- Installable Unit Package Format
- International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources (UN Food and Agriculture Organization)
- Interuniversity Programme in Hydrology
- International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology
- International Union of Pharmacology
- Izin Usaha Pemanfaatan Hasil Hutan Kayu (Indonesian: Forest Plantation Wood Production Permit)
- International University of People's Institutions for Peace (Rovereto, Italy)
- Independent Union of Professional Journalists (Bosnia)
- Inter-University Program for Latino Research
- Infectious Units per Million cells
- International Union for the Protection of Nature (now the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, IUCN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Capello said: "I think that John Terry is innocent until proven guilty and the FA agreed with that.
Dqeik added that he will suspend the performance of his job duties until the court issues a decision, expressing hope that the Palestinian people will understand that suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Golden fired back, saying "there's no such thing as innocent until proven guilty here - we're not putting him in jail, we're just asking him not to sit in a body that is as esteemed as the State Senate.
Defendants should be considered innocent until proven guilty by a court and should be treated accordingly.
You're also giving up the right to being presumed innocent until proven guilty," the judge added.
The notion of innocent until PROVEN guilty doesn't seem to apply here.
Though the legal presumption should always be innocent until proven guilty, it is strange for a law enforcement official to clink glasses with an accused child killer prior to the revelation that the DNA samples did not match.