He worked for the Inner London Education Authority in the late 1960s before becoming a financial journalist with the Daily Telegraph.
What does ILEA stand for?
ILEA stands for Inner London Education Authority (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ILEA
We have 6 other meanings of ILEA in our Acronym Attic
- Intermediate-Level Education
- Internet Link Exchange
- Isoleucine (amino acid)
- Issues in Language Education (various organizations)
- ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor) Legal Entity
- Skylark Field (formerly Killeen Municipal Airport)
- Improving Local Employment Activities
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Individual Learning and Education Agreement
- Information Literacy and Equitable Access
- Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
- Institute for Lifecycle Environmental Assessment
- Instituto Latinoamericano de Estudos Avançados (Portuguese: Latin American Institute for Advanced Studies)
- International Languages Educator's Association
- International Law Enforcement Academy
- International Law Enforcement Agreement
- International Law Enforcement Alliance (Doylestown, PA, USA)
- International League of Electrical Associations (Bloomington, MN)
- Iowa Law Enforcement Academy
- Institute for Lifelong Education at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It would rank alongside the abolishment of the Metropolitan County Councils and, of course, the Greater London Authority and the Inner London Education Authority.
Chris also runs a workshop, How to make a fool of yourself and get away with it, which was set up by the Inner London Education Authority and has since been used by many educational authorities, the probation service, theological colleges, the social services and BBC TV news department.
Next stop was a position in Buckinghamshire and the Association of County Councils before moving on to become deputy chief Education Officer of the Inner London Education Authority.
It was introduced to prevent outrageous pamphlets being circulated in schools, like the notorious Jenny Lives With Eric And Martin, put out by the Inner London Education Authority.
But politics were in his blood and he was elected as a councillor and then deputy leader of the Inner London Education Authority.
The 35-year-old father of two also worked for nine years as an assistant superintendent of the Inner London Education Authority, which had more than 1 million students before it was dismantled into 13 smaller districts in 1990.
Lenihan, a former civil servant in the Inner London Education Authority in the 1980s, insists that, given their history both as a former colony and a net exporter of people around the world, the Irish are better inoculated against racism and xenophobia than other EU nations.