Axial compressors require dedicated anti-surge systems including five protection arrangements: 1) the anti-surge valves, 2) the hot-gas-bypass valves, 3) the inter-stage bleed valve (IBV), 4) the inlet guide vanes (IGV) system, and 5) the speed variation.
What does IGV stand for?
IGV stands for Inlet Guide Vanes
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of IGV
We have 24 other meanings of IGV in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Geography, University of Copenhagen
- Instituto Geofísico da Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- Intergraph GeoSpatial Users Community
- Intergraph Graphics Users Group
- Industrial Gothic Underground Night
- Institute for Gas Utilization and Processing Technologies
- International Group for Unstable Substances (OECD)
- Improved Guardrail V
- Impuesto General A Las Ventas (General Sales Tax; Peru)
- Incremental Growth Vehicle
- Institut für Getreideverarbeitung Gmbh (German: Institute for Cereal Processing Ltd)
- Istituto di Genetica Vegetale (Italian: Institute of Vegetebal Genetics)
- Improved Gilbert-Varshamov Bound
- Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition
- Income Generation for Vulnerable Groups Development (Bangladesh)
- Instituto Grupo Veritas de Pesquisa em História e Antropologia (Portuguese: Veritas Institute Group of Research in History and Anthropology; Brazil)
- Inspiratory Gasp Vasoconstrictive Response
- Investment Grade Value Stock Index (economics)
- If God's Willing
- Increased Gross Weight (Boeing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The swirling component of velocity may arise either from the presence of inlet guide vanes or any other components preceding the diffuser e.
Improvements in performance characteristics of single-stage and multistage centrifugal compressors by simultaneous adjustments of inlet guide vanes and diffuser vanes, Trans.
The fan inlet case and inlet guide vanes will be developed using Resin Transfer Molding (RTM).
These three components work together to schedule the five engine control loops of main and augmenter fuel flow, fan Inlet Guide Vanes (IGVs), compressor Variable Stator Vanes (VSVs), and the exhaust Nozzle Position (NOZ POS).
Actuation Systems: The actuation systems include the horizontal tail centering actuators and three bearing swivel duct actuation system at the rear of the aircraft and the variable area nozzle and inlet guide vanes, which control airflow through the forward lift fan on the short-takeoff/vertical landing F-35.
For compressors with inlet guide vanes, compressor map is represented by a new family of curves that do not depend on suction conditions either.
The swirling component of velocity may arise either from the presence of inlet guide vanes or any other components preceding the diffuser, e.