won the Aerospace Engine Award for its inlet gearbox casing of 17-4 PH stainless steel.
What does IGB stand for?
IGB stands for Inlet Gearbox (gas turbines)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IGB
We have 45 other meanings of IGB in our Acronym Attic
- Inspecção-Geral da Administração do Território (Portugal)
- Instituto Galmand de Artes Tecnológicas (Sao Paulo, Brazil technical arts institute)
- Iran Gas Trunkline (series of large diameter pipelines)
- Inspector General Auditor Training Institute
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University (India)
- International Grants Allocation Unit (fraudulent organization)
- Internationaler Gastronomy Award Waddensea (German: Waddensea International Gastronomy Award; culinary rating)
- (Fraunhofer) Institut für Grenzflächen- und Bioverfahrenstechnik, Stuttgart, Germany
- Illegal Gambling Business
- Illinois Gaming Board
- Inner-German Border (former boundary/border between East and West Germany)
- Institute & Guild of Brewing (now known as the Institute of Brewing & Distilling; UK)
- Intermediate Gear Box
- International Gravimetric Bureau (France)
- Internationaler Gewerkschaftsbund (German: International Trade Union Federation)
- Istituto di Genetica e Biofisica (Italy)
- International Gloster Breeders Association
- International Government Benchmarking Association (est. 1992; various locations)
- International Grav-Ball Association
- Ithaca Green Building Alliance (Ithaca, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company has recently received several important new contract awards including: --A contract between its subsidiary, Triumph Gear Systems-Macomb, and General Electric to provide the inlet gearbox as well as specific related spare parts for the CFM56 engine program for the life of the program.