Jim Callaghan's job as Inland Revenue Staff Federation assistant general secretary gave him temporary exemption from military service.
What does IRSF stand for?
IRSF stands for Inland Revenue Staff Federation (trade union; UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IRSF
We have 4 other meanings of IRSF in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers (India)
- Institute of Railway Signal Engineers
- Interferon-Responsive Sequence Element (gastric tumors)
- Inversion Recovery Spin Echo (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Istituto Regionale Studi Europei (Italian: Regional Institute for European Studies)
- Institute for Research in Sustainable Energy and Development (Kenya)
- Index of Relative Socio-Economic Disadvantage
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (Marie Curie Action)
- Initial Review Submission Form (Western Institutional Review Board; Olympia, WA)
- Interim Revenue Stabilisation Fund (now Heritage & Stabilisation Fund; Trinidad and Tobago)
- International Rett Syndrome Foundation
- International Revenue Share Fraud
- International Rope Skipping Federation (Greenfield Park, QB, Canada)
- IOC (International Olympic Committee) Recognized Sports Federations
- International Rayon and Synthetic Fibres Committee
- Information Resource Service of Florida (foreclosure data)
- Individual Reference Services Group
- Information Retrieval Specialist Group (UK; British Computer Society)
- Innovation and Research Systems Group (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The couple went out together for eight years before they were married in 1938, after Callaghan got a steady job as assistant general secretary of the Inland Revenue Staff Federation, just a few years before he entered the maelstrom of post-war British politics.