A flier for The Initiative to Educate Afghan Women reads: "Paula Nirschel founded the initiative in 2002 after learning how Afghan women were kept hidden and denied education for the seven years of the Taliban's reign over Afghanistan.
What does IEAW stand for?
IEAW stands for Initiative to Educate Afghan Women (Bristol, RI)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Experimental Aerospace Society
- Institute of Estate Agents of South Africa (est. 1937; Pinelands, Capetown, South Africa)
- International Education Association of South Africa
- Importers and Exporters Association of Taipei (est. 1947; Taiwan)
- Incessant Ectopic Atrial Tachycardia (cardiology)
- Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand
- International Electoral Assistance Team (United Nations)
- International Expressive Arts Therapy Association
- Institution of Engineers, Australia
- Instituto de Estudos Avançados (Portuguese: Institute for Advanced Studies; Brazilian General-Command for Aerospace Technology)
- Intermediate Energy Activation Yields
- Immigration Enquiry Bureau (UK)
- IMS (Information Management System) Edit Batch (IBM Corp.)
- Independent Evaluation Briefing
- Independent Examinations Board (South Africa)
- Industrial Electronic Bulletin
- Institut d'Elimination du Bégaiement (French: International Institute for Elimination of Stuttering)
- Institute of Economic Botany (New York Botanical Garden)
- Institute of Environmental Biology (Utrecht University; Netherlands)
- Instrument Expanded Block
Samples in periodicals archive:
With particular emphasis on regions considered off the beaten path in the world of higher education, Roger Williams has spearheaded initiatives such as: -- becoming the first university to enroll Afghan women through the Initiative to Educate Afghan Women (IEAW); -- participating in the State Department's Partnerships for Learning Undergraduate Studies (PLUS) and Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) programs; -- helping to free an Iraqi scholar and working now to do the same for a jailed Egyptian blogger, Kareem Amer.
And three young women who had witnessed horrors growing up in Afghanistan graduated from Roger Williams, thanks to the Initiative to Educate Afghan Women, a scholarship program founded by Paula Nirschel, the president's wife.