According to statistics from the Air Force Academy's cadet-run "soar for all" program, sailplane training is the safest and most relevant and cost-effective initial flight training method available.
What does IFT stand for?
IFT stands for Initial Flight Training
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IFT
We have 116 other meanings of IFT in our Acronym Attic
- Islamic Funeral Services of Virginia, Inc.
- International Federation of Social Workers
- International Film School Wales (UK)
- If True (Hyper Logo command)
- Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Immunofluorescence Test (biology)
- In Flight Technician
- In Flight Test
- In-for-Training (dogs)
- Initial Film Thickness
- Instantaneous Fourier Transform
- Institut Français de Taipei (French: French Institute of Taipei; Taipei, Taiwan)
- Institut fuer Therapieforschung (German: Institute for Therapy Research)
- Institut für Fenstertechnik (German: Institute for Window Technology)
- Institute for Tropospheric Research
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Instituto de Física Teórica
- Instituto de Formación Técnica (Guatemala, private school)
- Instrument Flight Trainer
- Integral Flyback Transformer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Attempting to minimize this type of attrition, in 2004 the Air Force changed the syllabus for evaluating students prior to attendance at UPT by replacing Initial Flight Training (IFT)--a decentralized course that provided 50 hours of flight instruction and a private pilot's license--with Initial Flight Screening (IFS), a more centralized program that offers only 25 hours of flight instruction but that demands more rigorous training and emphasizes officership.
Salma and Aisha began their initial flight training at the Horizon International Flight Academy in September 2007 and are on course to graduate in April 2009.
In short * "Screening and initial flight training are increasingly provided by civilian contractors, as are trainer servicing and maintenance" * "The second phase mainly employs high-powered turboprops, rather than jet aircraft" * "New advanced jet trainers will need modern cockpits and avionics, and possibly high angle of attack capability" * The need for exports may lead to new jet trainers also having an operational capability, implying heavy warload or supersonics.
Specifically, Thomas Group will apply its highly successful Process Value Management(SM) methodology to support AMCOM in its objective of improving the availability of helicopters for initial flight training.
C[yen] Salma and Aisha began their initial flight training at the Horizon International Flight Academy in September 2007 and are on course to graduate in April 2009.