Equipment upgrades to the units continued during deployments, to include the fielding of gun-laying and positioning system (GLPS), single-channel ground and airborne radio system (SINC-GARS), and initial fire support automation system (IFSAS) version upgrades.
What does IFAR stand for?
IFAR stands for Initial Fire Support Automation System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IFAR
We have 6 other meanings of IFAR in our Acronym Attic
- Instituto de Investigación y Formación Agraria y Pesquera (Spanish: Research and Training Institute for Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Interfaith Action for Peace in Africa
- International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity
- Iowa Foster and Adoptive Parents Association
- Insurance and Financial Advisors Political Action Committee
- Integrated Fiduciary Assessment and Public Expenditure Review
- Institut Français d'Archéologie du Proche-Orient (French: French Institute of Archaeology of the Near East)
- International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians (est. 1975; Woerden, Netherlands)
- Infrequently Asked Questions
- Investment and Financial Advice Qualification
- Institute for Aging Research
- Interdisziplinäre Forschungsgruppe Abrüstung, Rüstungskontrolle und Risikotechnologien (German: Interdisciplinary Research Group on Arms Control and Disarmament)
- International Fanconi Anemia Registry (research and support group)
- International Food Assistance Report
- International Forum for Aviation Research (Germany)
- International Foundation for Art Research (research organization for visual art works)
- International Fund for Agricultural Research
- International Fund for Avian Research (bird support organization)
- Item Frequency Analysis Report
- Integrated Fleet Aerial Refueling Assessment
Samples in periodicals archive:
1-125 FA will conduct artillery live fire during the 4th Quarter of TY04 and began fielding the gun-laying and positioning system (GLPS) and initial fire support automation system (IFSAS) V-7 software in September.
Headquarters fielded the initial fire support automation system (IFSAS)/battery computer system (BCS)/light-weight forward-entry device (LFED) V-7.
A parallel issue concerns training with new equipment fielding and updates--the initial fire support automation system (IFSAS), gun laying and positioning system (GLPS), etc.
AFATDS is replacing the initial fire support automation system (IFSAS) used by FA ARNG units.
These include the advanced FA data system (AFATDS), initial fire support automation system (IFSAS), all-source analysis system (ASAS), air missile defense warning system (AMDWS), air mission planning system (AMPS), global command and control system-Army (GCCS-A) as well as joint service feeds, such as the Air Force's theater battle management core system (TBMCS), joint surveillance and target attack radar system (JSTARS) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).