An initial capabilities document for the Army Operational Energy Office was approved by the Department of Defense J-4 on 18 April.
What does ICD stand for?
ICD stands for Initial Capabilities Document
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ICD
We have 305 other meanings of ICD in our Acronym Attic
- Industrial Cooperation Division (US Navy)
- Industrial Council for Development
- Industry Council for Development (UK)
- Infection a Clostridium Difficile (bacterial infection)
- Inflow Control Device (oil production)
- Information and Communication Department (various organizations)
- Informed Consent Document
- InFoScore Consumer Data (German credit information company)
- Infrastructure Coordination Division (US FEMA)
- Inheritance Contractual Dependency
Samples in periodicals archive:
The PNT Assurance Initial Capabilities Document was approved in April 2010.
The results of that assessment are documented in an initial capabilities document that is in its final review.
In the Defense Acquisition Management System framework, a validated and approved initial capabilities document defines the required need, problem, or gap to be met.
However, this means that the labs are often working on technologies in the early concept refinement phase of pre-systems acquisition for which an initial capabilities document (ICD) has not yet been defined.
Approved CCPs are the foundation for the capabilities-based assessments, which upon completion initiate either a Doctrine Change Request or an Initial Capabilities Document.
MCTR and MCTO thresholds and objectives could be specified in the capability needs documentation, such as the Initial Capabilities Document, Capability Development Document, and Capability Production Document.
By December, McConnell said his team hopes to have a solid draft of an initial capabilities document to present to the Joint Requirements Oversight Council and the Marine Requirements Oversight Council, the next step in the process for the CTV.