Washington, March 16( ANI ): NASA has unveiled a new atlas and catalogue of the entire infrared sky with more than a half-billion stars, galaxies and other objects captured by its Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) mission.
What does IRSKY stand for?
IRSKY stands for Infrared Sky
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Intelligent Reasoning Systems, Inc. (software)
- Investor Relations Services, Inc. (New Smyrna Beach, FL)
- Istituto Ricerche Sicurezza Industriale (Italian: Industrial Safety Research Institute; est. 1974; Milan, Italy)
- French Research Institute of Siderurgy
- Institut de Recherche de la Sidérurgie (French: Iron and Steel Research Institute)
- Invisionix Roaming System Instant Messenger (Invisionix Systems)
- International Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability Office
- Individual Residential Spray Irrigation Systems (pesticide system; Dallas, PA)
- Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts
- Ikatan Rumah Sakit Jakarta Metropolitan (Indonesian: Association Jakarta Metropolitan Hospital)
- Independent Roofing Supplies Ltd. (UK)
- Indo Rama Synthetics Ltd. (India; est. 1989)
- Industrial Roofing Services Ltd. (est. 1973; Concord, Ontario, Canada)
- Ingleburn RSL (Returned and Services League) Club (Australia)
- Initial Risk Screening Level (state air quality standard)
- Instituto Real de San Luis (Spanish: Royal Institute of San Luis; Mexico)
- Interest Rate Sensitive Liabilities (banking)
- International Roundtables for the Semiotics of Law
- IR Stimulated Luminescence
- Infrared and Raman Spectroscopy Literature Database Bibliography
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- After completing its primary mission to map the infrared sky, NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, has reached the expected end of its onboard supply of frozen coolant.
6-billion orbiting observatory that would examine the nature of dark energy, capture broad views of the infrared sky and look for habitable, Earthlike planets.
He works through theory as well as practicalities, beginning by describing the types of sensor systems, radiation technology and units, target detection, the theory of heat and mass transfer that serves as the core of the technology, meteorological and atmospheric parameters, including the SCORPIO infrared sky radiance distribution references, infrared calibration procedures and signal characterization, and signature management.
Figer now plans to examine clusters of varying ages, many discovered with a recent infrared sky survey using both Hubble and the Chandra X-ray Observatory.
sponsored craft that took the first-ever survey of the infrared sky from above Earth's atmosphere.
A second approach has been to look in the catalogs of the infrared sky that have come from the IRAS.
An unexpected finding was provided by an infrared telescope that had been sent along to continue the work of the Infrared Astronomy Satellite in surveying stars and other sources in the infrared sky.