The three UMLS Knowledge Sources are: a Metathesarus of concepts and terms from several biomedical vocabularies, a Semantic Network of relationships among broad categories to which all concepts in the Metathesaurus are assigned, and an Information Sources map that describes the content and access available for human and machine-readable databases.
What does ISM stand for?
ISM stands for Information Sources Map
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISM
We have 383 other meanings of ISM in our Acronym Attic
- Industrial Staff Member
- Industrial Strength Marketing (Brentwood, TN)
- Industrial, Scientific and Medical (radio spectrum)
- Industry Standard Module
- Industry-Sponsored Marketplace (B2B term for trading sites run by large corporations for supply or sell sides)
- Information Santé Multimédia (Information System Medical)
- Information Security Management
- Information Security Manual (Australia)
- Information Security Markings (national intelligence)
- Information Services Manager
- Information System Manager
- Information Systems Management
- Information Systems Management Corporation
- Information Systems Modelling
- Information Systems Modernization
- Information Technology Security Magazine
- Ingeniería y Sistemas Mecánicos (Spanish: Engineering and Mechanical Systems)
- Input Signal Management
- Input Source Manager
- Insensitive Munitions
Samples in periodicals archive:
an Information Sources Map or directory containing information about the scope, location, vocabulary, and access conditions and protocols of biomedical databases.
The Information Sources Map is a directory of information about biomedical databases that will support source selection and automatic connection and retrieval from them.