ISO 17799 identifies as crucial to organizations several information security management practices, including * creating an information security policy document * allocating information security responsibilities * providing information security education and training * reporting security incidents * establishing a business continuity management plan Some insurance providers regard ISO 17799 as the most important tool organizations have for meeting cyber insurance coverage requirements.
What does ISMP stand for?
ISMP stands for Information Security Management Practice
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ISMP
We have 29 other meanings of ISMP in our Acronym Attic
- Implicit Space Mapping Optimization
- Information Systems Management Office
- Information Systems Management Order
- Information Systems Missions Order
- Intensive Support Mutual Obligation (job search)
- Installation Support Module Objective Configuration
- International Symposium on Military Operational Research (UK Ministry of Defence)
- Institute for the Study and Monitoring of the Santorini Volcano
- International Symposium on Microwave and Optical Technology
- Information Security Management Program
- Information Services Market Place
- InstallShield MultiPlatform
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Integrated Systems Management Processor
- International Security Master Plan
- International Society of Marine Painters, Inc. (Puryear, TN)
- International Society of Meeting Planners
- International Software Metrics Symposium
- Irrigation Systems Management Project
Samples in periodicals archive:
If only 13 percent of the biggest and most security aware businesses in the United States and Europe feel confident that policy can drive an effective information security management practice, then something is obviously missing.
As a result, the airline will also be able to gain more visibility into its information security management practices, which can lead to more efficient and effective deployment and use of security assets.