Muscat, Sept 14 (ONA) --- The Information Technology Authority (ITA) organizes tomorrow (Saturday) at Muscat Inter-Continental Hotel a workshop on Systems and Policies of Information Security Management in Government Establishments as part of the objectives of the national strategy for e-Government and Oman digital society.
What does ISM stand for?
ISM stands for Information Security Management
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISM
We have 383 other meanings of ISM in our Acronym Attic
- Inductor Super Magnetron
- Industrial Security Manual
- Industrial Security Manual (US DoD 5220.22-M)
- Industrial Sewing Machine (various organizations)
- Industrial Staff Member
- Industrial Strength Marketing (Brentwood, TN)
- Industrial, Scientific and Medical (radio spectrum)
- Industry Standard Module
- Industry-Sponsored Marketplace (B2B term for trading sites run by large corporations for supply or sell sides)
- Information Santé Multimédia (Information System Medical)
- Information Security Manual (Australia)
- Information Security Markings (national intelligence)
- Information Services Manager
- Information Sources Map
- Information System Manager
- Information Systems Management
- Information Systems Management Corporation
- Information Systems Modelling
- Information Systems Modernization
- Information Technology Security Magazine
Samples in periodicals archive:
The conducting of the information security management systems particularly provides a systematic approach to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access or loss of information while guaranteeing the effective deployment of protective measures.
O-ISM3 Framework Ensures Security Management Processes Operate at a Level Consistent with Business Requirements SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Open Group today announced a new information security management standard, The Open Group Information Security Management Maturity Model (O-ISM3), which enables the creation of Information Security Management (ISM) systems that are fully aligned with any organization's business mission and compliance needs regardless of size, context and resources.
3 Developed by the Information Systems Audit and Controls Association, the Certified Information Security Manager certification program is aimed towards information security managers with five or more years of prior experience in enterprise information security management.
KNSL) have agreed to collaborate on the overseas marketing of HitachiSoft's HIBUN series of information security management systems in North America, Europe and Asia, and will be releasing English-language versions effectively this month.
Provides a model that can be used by businesses to set up and run an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) The two parts are formally published as: * ISO/IEC 17799 Part 1 Code of Practice for Information Security * BS 7799-2:2002 Specification for Information Security Management What is an Information Security Management System (ISMS)?
It provides guidelines that can help federal agencies meet their security training responsibilities as contained in the Federal Information Security Management Act and Office of Management and Budget guidelines.
ISO 17799 identifies as crucial to organizations several information security management practices, including * creating an information security policy document * allocating information security responsibilities * providing information security education and training * reporting security incidents * establishing a business continuity management plan Some insurance providers regard ISO 17799 as the most important tool organizations have for meeting cyber insurance coverage requirements.