Terrorist and insurgent financing, money laundering, cash smuggling, informal value transfer systems and other activities designed to finance organised criminal activity continue to pose a serious threat to the security and development of Afghanistan," it said.
What does IVTS stand for?
IVTS stands for Informal Value Transfer System (money transfer)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IVTS
We have 3 other meanings of IVTS in our Acronym Attic
- Indiana Vocational Technical Institute (Evansville, Indiana)
- In Vitro Testing Industrial Platform
- In Vitro Terminal Labeling
- Impuesto Vehiculos Traccion Mecanica (Spanish: Mechanical Traction Vehicle Tax)
- In-Vessel Transfer Machine
- Integrated Vehicle Tyre Monitoring
- International Vocational Training Organisation
- Intravenous Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator
- Improved Vehicle Tracking System (US Army)
- In Vitro Toxicology Society (UK)
- Interactive Videodisc Training System
- International Video Teleconferencing Service
- Identification des Victimes du Tsunami en Thaïlande
- in vitro transcription/translation
- in-vehicle travel time
- Incremental Valid Time Tree
- Institut pro Výzkum Tabuizovaných Témat
- Integrated Verdin Transmit Terminal (US Navy)
- intravenous tolbutamide test
- Ipari Változások Tanácsadói Testületének
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because cash is the mainstay of the drugs trade, traffickers make extensive use of money transmission agents, cash smuggling, and informal value transfer systems (underground banking) to remove cash from the UK," it says.
Informal Value Transfer Systems Informal value transfer and alternative remittance systems play a significant role in terrorism financing.
Cote d'Ivoire law enforcement and customs should examine forms of trade-based money laundering and informal value transfer systems.
In particular, Libyan law enforcement and customs authorities should examine the underground economy, including smuggling networks, and informal value transfer systems.