Changing consumer needs such as better vehicle performance requirements, improved fuel economy, enhanced driving experience, and greater power requirements have led to tremendous changes and developments in transmission systems, giving rise to dual-clutch, continuously variable, and infinitely variable transmission systems.
What does IVT stand for?
IVT stands for Infinitely Variable Transmission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IVT
We have 61 other meanings of IVT in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Valley Service Unit (Souderton, PA)
- Idle Vacuum Switching Valve
- Current-Voltage-Temperature (I = current)
- In Virus Tandem (band)
- In Vitro Transcription
- In Vivo Testing
- Independent Verification Team
- Index Versus Target
- Industrieverband Textil
- Industrin För Växt-Och Träskyddsmedel (Sweden)
- Initial Vocational Training (European Commission)
- Innovative Voice Technologies (Schaumburg, IL)
- Installation Verification Testing
- Installation Visualization Tool
- Integrating Vision Toolkit
- Integration, Verification, and Training
- Intel Virtualization Technology (computer architecture)
- Intelligent Vehicle Technologies, LLC
- Intelligent Virtual Terminal
- Intensified Verification Testing (food safety)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Infinitely variable transmissions (IVT) or toroidal transmissions - VMTs Positively Engaged, Infinitely Variable Transmission - Antonov TX6
VMTs Positively Engaged, Infinitely Variable Transmission
Dick Elsy, product development director at the Midlands luxury car maker, has been appointed chief executive to accelerate delivery of the firm's infinitely variable transmission system (IVT).
What's hot: Product launch of largest seeding line in John Deere history; introduction of 7020 tractors with Infinitely Variable Transmission, 6015 utility tractors, self-propelled forage harvesters, rotary windrowers, JD Office, JDLink, loaders, and rotary cutters.
General Motors (GM) will not exercise an option for a production licence for Torotrak's Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT) system.
Strategic Analysis of the European Market for Transmission Technologies is part of the Automotive and Transportation Subscription, which also includes research in the following markets: stepped manual transmission, automated manual transmission, stepped automatic transmission, dual clutch transmission, continuously variable transmission and infinitely variable transmission.
We recognise that royalty income will flow only when the infinitely variable transmission (IVT) technology is actually in vehicles, being sold in volume, to customers.