In ICU applications common examples include vascular stenting of coronary and cerebral vessels, catheter ablation of central pulmonary clot, and placement - and removal - of inferior vena caval filters.
What does IVCF stand for?
IVCF stands for Inferior Vena Caval Filter
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVCF
- Intraventricular Conduction Defect
- Intraventricular Conduction Delay
- Intraventricular Conduction Disturbance
- Imperial Valley College Desert Museum (Ocotillo, CA)
- Illinois Valley Community Development Organization (Cave Junction, OR)
- Independent Variable, Constant, Dependent Variable (science experimental design)
- Institute for Vietnamese Culture and Education (est. 2000; New York)
- Inter-Village Continuing Education (Ardsley, NY)
- Iowa Valley Continuing Education
- IFCI (Industrial Finance Corporation of India) Venture Capital Funds (est. 1975)
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship
- Irvine Valley College Foundation (Irvine, CA)
- Internationale Vereinigung Christlicher Geschaeftsleute
- Illinois Valley Community Hospital (Peru, Illinois)
- Incline Village Community Hospital (Incline Village, NV)
- Inferior Vena Cava Index
- International Video Conferencing Inc
- International Violin Competition of Indianapolis (est. 1982; Indianapolis, IN)
- Intravenous Continuous Infusion
- Inferior Vena Caval Isolation and Extracorporeal Charcoal Hemoperfusion
Samples in periodicals archive:
Indications for inferior vena caval filter placement Absolute Relative Special situations VTE with contraindication to Free floating Trauma anticoagulation thrombus PE with contraindication to Poor pulmonary Oncology anticoagulation reserve Recurrent PE while on Bariatric surgery anticoagulation Known VTE with severe Critically ill complication while on anticoagulation Progression of DVT while on Catherter-directed anticoagulation thrombolysis Only a single randomised trial has assessed the value of IVC filters for any indication.
In conclusion, inferior vena caval filter placement has been a reliable and safe method of prophylaxis against pulmonary embolus in a busy urban trauma center experience.