George Morgan Chinn (1902-1987), is presented annually to honor a government or industry individual who, in the opinion of the Small Arms division executive board, has made "significant contributions to the field of small arms and/or infantry weapons systems.
What does IWS stand for?
IWS stands for Infantry Weapons Systems (USMC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IWS
We have 135 other meanings of IWS in our Acronym Attic
- Indiana Wind Symphony
- Individual Weapon System
- Individually Wrapped Slices (packaging)
- Indoor Wireless Systems
- InduSoft Web Studio (software)
- Industrial Warehouse Service (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Industrial Welding Supply (Lakewood, NJ)
- Industry Wage Survey (USA)
- Inert Warhead Section
- Infant Warming System
- Information Warfare and Strategy
- Information Warfare Site
- Information Worker Solutions (Microsoft)
- infoworkspace (General Dynamics collaboration tool set; formerly GTE)
- Inkjet and Web Solutions (Hewlett-Packard)
- Insensible Water Loss
- Instrument Workshop (Australia)
- Integral Wind Services
- Integrated Warfare Systems
- Integrated Waste Solutions, Inc. (West Chester, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chinn Award was presented to Ernst Mauch of Heckler & Koch, to recognize his contributions to the field of small arms and infantry weapons systems.
He was product group director for Infantry Weapons Systems and then the direct reporting program manager, Advanced Amphibious Assault before taking command of the MCSC.