The inertial reference unit delivers continuous navigation data required for next-generation satellite communication systems in stationary and moving vehicles and aircraft.
What does IRU stand for?
IRU stands for Inertial Reference Unit
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of IRU
We have 44 other meanings of IRU in our Acronym Attic
- Intercultural Reformed Theological Training (Netherlands)
- Internet Round Trip Time
- Industrial Research and Technology Unit (Northern Ireland, UK)
- Irrigation Type
- Idaho Rivers United
- Immune Recovery Uveitis (eyes)
- Incident Response Unit (UK)
- Indefeasible Rights of Use
- Individual Responsibility User
- Indoor Receive Unit (satellite)
- Infrared Receiver Unit
- Innovative Research Universities
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (healthcare)
- Institutional Restructuring Unit (banking)
- Instructional Resources Unit (various organizations)
- Integrated Recovery Unit
- Integrated Recovery Utility
- Interface Receptacle Unit
- Internal Reference Unit
- International Reform University
Samples in periodicals archive:
The inertial reference unit provides the technology to provide orientation and position utilizing Global Positioning System (GPS) data for a wide variety of land vehicle, airborne and seaborne applications for the purposes of surveillance, target acquisition, and satellite antenna pointing.
An out-of-court settlement has not been reached with another 16 passengers who were the most severely injured and who are preparing to launch a lawsuit against Airbus and Northrop Grumman, which made the A330sOs Air Data Inertial Reference Unit.
Pickup previously served as the director of Inertial Measurement Unit / Inertial Reference Unit programs at Northrop Grumman's Navigation Systems Division based in Woodland Hills.
That is why servo accelerometers are used for the most part in inertial navigation and guidance systems such as INS - Inertial Navigation Systems, IMU - Inertial Measurement Units, AHRS - Attitude Heading Reference Systems, IRU - Inertial Reference Units, IGS - Inertial Guidance Systems, etc.
The inquiry has already determined that an air data inertial reference unit (ADIRU) provided erroneous data spikes just before the upset.
In their preliminary analysis, authorities found a faulty air data inertial reference unit had fed incorrect information into the aircraft's central flight control computer.
[ILLUSTRATIONS OMITTED] If your Avenger is equipped with the slew-to-cue configuration, that means it's also equipped with the inertial reference unit (IRU).