GE Aviation has signed an agreement with Boeing to provide inertial reference units for Boeing's wideband phased array satellite communications systems for airborne mobile communications.
What does INR stand for?
INR stands for Inertial Reference
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INR
We have 58 other meanings of INR in our Acronym Attic
- International Network for Quality Rice
- Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative
- International Union for Quaternary Research
- Index of Nutritional Quality per Volume
- Bureau of Intelligence and Research (US Department of State)
- Iceland NATO Radar
- Image Navigation and Registration
- Impact Noise Rating
- India Rupee (Currency Unit, ISO)
- Indian National Rupee
- Institute for Natural Resources (various locations/countries)
- Institute of National Remembrance (Poland)
- Institute of Natural Resources (various locations/countries)
- Institute of Neohellenic Research
- Insulin-like Receptor
- Interference-to-Noise Ratio
- Interferometric Radiometer
- International Normalized Ratio (for blood clotting time)
- Israel National Radio
Samples in periodicals archive:
The north-finding gyrocompass feature eliminates the need for a magnetic sensing unit, similar to an inertial reference system.
Among the equipment to be included are high-frequency radios, LASEREF VI inertial reference navigation systems and the RE100 auxiliary power unit for the Latitude.
The flight tests verified avionicsO performanceNmost notably the inertial reference system and the satellite navigation systemsNduring operations in high north latitude area (up to 78 degree).
An out-of-court settlement has not been reached with another 16 passengers who were the most severely injured and who are preparing to launch a lawsuit against Airbus and Northrop Grumman, which made the A330sOs Air Data Inertial Reference Unit.
In its final report on the matter, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB' three air data inertial reference units (ADIRUs) -- devices which provide information on airspeed and other critical flight parameters to the plane's main computer.
Honeywell's avionics for Vietnam Airlines include the Flight Management System (FMS), Multifunction Control Display Unit, an Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS), Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU) and Air Data Module (ADM).
That is why servo accelerometers are used for the most part in inertial navigation and guidance systems such as INS - Inertial Navigation Systems, IMU - Inertial Measurement Units, AHRS - Attitude Heading Reference Systems, IRU - Inertial Reference Units, IGS - Inertial Guidance Systems, etc.