In 2005, it also applied for an industrial loan company charter from the FDIC but withdrew its application in 2007 following complaints from credit unions, banks and legislators concerned that Bentonville, Ark.
What does ILC stand for?
ILC stands for Industrial Loan Company
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ILC
We have 231 other meanings of ILC in our Acronym Attic
- Independent Learning Course
- Independent Living Center
- Independent Living Centre
- Index Linked Certificate (finance)
- Indice des Loyers Commerciaux (French: Commercial Rent Index)
- Indigenous Land Corporation
- Indigenous Law Centre (Australia)
- Individual Learning Center
- Individual Literacy Plan
- Industrial Liaison Committee (UK)
- Industrial Loan Corporation
- Industrial Logic Corporation
- Industry Life Cycle
- Infralimbic Prefrontal Cortex (memory)
- Initial Launch Capability
- Inlet Charley's (surf shop)
- Innate Lymphoid Cell
- Innovative Learning Conference
- Installation Location Code (DoD)
- Institute for Leadership Conferences (Washington Future Business Leaders of America)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although GE Capital isn't a bank, it owns an industrial loan company, which qualifies for federal loan guarantees.
And in 2002, Wal-Mart tried to buy an industrial loan company in California, but was blocked by that state's legislature.
The UFCW has been part of the Sound Banking Coalition, which has fought Wal-Mart's industrial loan company (ILC) application because of its interference with the historical and necessary separation between banking and commerce.
Tustin Community Bank, reported today that the institution received regulatory approval to convert from an Industrial Loan Company Charter to a Commercial Bank Charter, after filing the necessary paperwork on July 26, 2007.
Wal-Mart has applied to open an industrial loan company to handle electronic payment processing.
Headquartered in Napa, Capitol Thrift is licensed as an industrial loan company and will operate as a division of Humboldt Bank, a subsidiary of Humboldt Bancorp.
NEW YORK -- Fitch Ratings has released a special report titled 'The Industrial Loan Company (ILC) Quandary: What Can Be Done?