The Brownbanded Bamboo Sharks are found in the Indo-West Pacific.
What does IWP stand for?
IWP stands for Indo-West Pacific
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IWP
We have 79 other meanings of IWP in our Acronym Attic
- International Workshop on Operator Theory and Applications (mathematics)
- Ice Water Path
- Idaho White Pine (lumber)
- Ideal Work Preference
- Immigrant Women Program
- Implementation Work Plan
- Improved Working Practice
- In-service Work Plan
- Incumbent Worker Program (various states)
- Individually Wrapped Pack (food processing)
- Inform the World (S. Africa, Guatemala and Honduras volunteer program)
- Infrastructure Works Program (Canada)
- Injured Workers Pharmacy
- Installation Work Plan
- Insteel Wire Products (Mount Airy, NC)
- Institute of World Politics
- Integrated Warning Program
- Integrated Work Package
- Integrated Workforce Planning (various locations)
- Internal Water Pressure
Samples in periodicals archive:
An Indo-west Pacific species, Ostorhinchus gularis (Fraser & Lachner, 1984), captured at 290 m by trawl, is the deepest-dwelling apogonid known to date.
Clade A, formed by 9 species within 6 genera (according to Perez-Farfante & Kensley 1997) including the three species of American Farfantepenaeus and the two Litopenaeus species, the Indo-West Pacific Melicertus canaliculatus and Marsupenaeus japonicus, as well as 2 separated species, Penaeus monodon and Fenneropenaeus indicus, which were not resolved in the ML tree, although clearly separated from the other genera.
A third group's amphipod ancestors lived in deep waters, and its closest extant relatives cluster in the Indo-West Pacific.
: Two new pygmy seahorses (Teleostei: Syngnathidae: Hippocampus) from the Indo-West Pacific.
Key to the Indo-west Pacific species of Heteroconger (adapted from Castle & Randall 1999) 1a.