As investigators and consultants, Lamar Associates successfully located Individual Indian Money account holders who were owed funds; ensured the integrity of tribal gaming operations; assessed tribal security and law enforcement operations; and helped Bureau of Indian Education schools prepare for emergencies among many other accomplishments.
What does IIM stand for?
IIM stands for Individual Indian Money (US Department of Interior)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IIM
We have 98 other meanings of IIM in our Acronym Attic
- International Interlibrary Loan Service
- Integrate Ireland Language and Training
- India Internet Learning Ventures (Indian software company)
- I'm in Like with You
- I'm In Love With You
- Identified Internet Mail (IETF)
- Image Information Mining (earth observation)
- Immobilien Internet Marketing (Germany)
- Indian Institute of Management (main Management Institutes of India)
- Indian Institute of Metals (Calcutta, India)
- Individual Indian Monies
- Industrial Information Management
- Information and Integration Management (US DoD)
- Information Interchange Model (IPTC)
- Installation Information Management
- Installation Infrastructure Modernization Division (Army G-6)
- Institut Integriti Malaysia (Malay: Integrity Institute of Malaysia)
- Institute of Information Management (various locations)
- Institute of Interim Management (UK)
- Institute of International Marketing (formerly Association of International Marketing; London, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Settlement resolves claims related to Individual Indian Money (or IIM) accounts and land held in trust by the federal government for the benefit of individual Indians.
The scheduled events are as follows: Date: Sunday, March 7 Location: Oglala Lakota College at the Pejuta Haka College Center Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Date: Monday, March 8 Location: Sinte Gleska University Gym Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Background: A Settlement Agreement has been announced between Individual Indian Money (IIM) beneficiaries and the Secretary of the Interior, the Assistant Secretary of the Interior-Indian Affairs, and the Secretary of the Treasury in a long-running class action lawsuit, Cobell v.
The Historical Accounting class comprises Indians alive on September 30, 2009 who had at least one transaction in an open Individual Indian Money (IIM) Account between October 25, 1994 and September 30, 2009.
Although the government has collected about $13 billion for people with Individual Indian Money accounts, it is unable to show how much it paid out to them.
Norton Individual Indian Money (IIM) trust case, United States District Court Judge Royce C.
Secretary of the Interior Gale Norton to testify in court proceedings to prove she did not retaliate against American Indians by stopping the disbursement of Individual Indian Money (IIM) trust checks in October, 2004.