2000-2010 Note: Medicare and Medicaid payments Include all applicable payment adjustments (Disproportionate Share, Indirect Medical Education, etc).
What does IME stand for?
IME stands for Indirect Medical Education
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IME
We have 171 other meanings of IME in our Acronym Attic
- ILMI Management Entity
- In My Experience
- In-Line Media Encryptor
- Incremental Motion Encoder
- Incurred Medical Expense
- Independent Medical Education
- Independent Medical Examination (evaluation)
- Independent Medical Examiner
- Independent Methodist Episcopal (Texas)
- Indirect Manufacturing Expense
- Indirect Mortality Estimation
- Industrial and Management Engineer
- Industrial Manufacturing Engineering (various organizations)
- Information Management Element (various organizations)
- Information Market Europe
- Information Monitoring and Evaluation (various organizations)
- Information, Media and Entertainment (various companies)
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (various universities)
- Innovations in Medical Education (various schools)
- Input Method Editor
Samples in periodicals archive:
BVerified (SM)-IME automates the detection of additional Medicare Advantage Indirect Medical Education (IME) shadow bills.
The president is also proposing 10% reductions In Indirect Medical Education add-on payments beginning in 2013, saving about $9 billion over 10 years.
This created two distinct funding streams: (1) direct medical education (DME), which paid for the costs of running training programs, such as resident and staff salaries, teaching expenses, and office space, and (2) indirect medical education (IME), which covered the cost differential of caring for a sicker patient population.
Those cuts will most likely be felt by hospitals in the form of a freeze on prospective payment rates, a reduction in indirect medical education adjustments, and an elimination of depreciation adjustments.
Having served clients in all 50 states, HPS is recognized as a leader in complex government reimbursement and billing issues including Medicare Reimbursable Bad Debts, Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital, Transfer Diagnostic Related Groups and Direct Graduate Medical Education and Indirect Medical Education.
The budget proposal also would reduce indirect medical education add-on payments from 5.
The proposal would reduce indirect medical education add-on payments from 5.