Indirect immunofluorescence assays were negative for likely viruses including influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, and parainfluenza viruses types 1 to 3.
What does IFA stand for?
IFA stands for Indirect Immunofluorescence Assay
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IFA
We have 312 other meanings of IFA in our Acronym Attic
- Immunofluorescence Assay
- Imposition Forfaitaire Annuelle (French: Fixed Annual Tax)
- In-Flight Alignment (GPS)
- In-Flight Anomaly (NASA)
- Independent Fee Appraiser (National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers)
- Independent Financial Adviser (UK)
- Index Funds Advisors, Inc. (Irvine, CA)
- Indian Football Association (India)
- Indiana Finance Authority
- Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
- Inductive Fault Analysis
- INDUS Foundation Architecture
- Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau der DDR (German state-controlled vehicle manufacturing company)
- Informal FTP Area
- Informaticien Frustrés Anonymes (France, Lyon)
- Initiative Franco Allemande (French: Franco German Initiative)
- Installation and Functionality Assessment
- Institucion Federada Afroumbandista (Spanish: Umbanda African Federated Institution; Uruguay)
- Institucion Ferial Alicantina (Spanish exhibition center)
- Institut de Formation de l'Administration Publique (Belgique)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Indirect immunofluorescence assay is not an FDA-approved test for confirming HIV-1 infection.
IgM and IgG against WNV were detected in serum and in CSF by indirect immunofluorescence assay with an 8-fold (IgM) and 32-fold (IgG) increase in serum titer from day 4 to day 26 (Table).
Anticytokeratins are a potential source of false-positive indirect immunofluorescence assays for C-ANCA.
In conclusion, determination of both IA2-ab and GADA by radioligand binding assays based on recombinant antigens gave a frequency (89%) of islet autoimmunity in recently diagnosed diabetic children that corresponded well to that found by the indirect immunofluorescence assay for ICA (87%).
3-mL blood samples for indirect immunofluorescence assay (IIFA) detection of antibodies against ABV, as described (25).
monocytogenes on foods respectively, but our study was designed for detecting the bacteria in vital fluids and we showed that Indirect Immunofluorescence assay test had the acceptable sensitivity and specificity for detecting.
Current guidelines date to 1989, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) released recommendations for a sequential, two-test algorithm for serodiagnosis of HIV-1 infection, using an enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for screening and either a Western blot (WB) or an indirect immunofluorescence assay (IFA) to confirm screen-positive results.