Admittedly it was an indirect free kick which went in off the goalkeeper's shoulder, so was not really intended
What does IFK stand for?
IFK stands for Indirect Free Kick (Soccer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IFK
We have 25 other meanings of IFK in our Acronym Attic
- Irish Farmers Journal (Ireland)
- International Fashion Jewellery and Accessories Fair (conference)
- International Fashion Jewelry and Accessory Group (North Kingstown, RI)
- Iridescent Fairy Jewelry Box
- International Federation for Justice in China (France)
- Irish Farmers' Journal Interactive
- Institut Franco-Japonais du Kansai (French: Franco-Japanese Institute of Kansai; Kansai, Japan)
- International Feminist Journal of Politics
- Institut Franco-Japonais de Tokyo (French: Franco-Japanese Institute of Tokyo; Tokyo, Japan)
- Idrotts Föreningen Kamraterna (Swedish: Sport Club Comrades)
- Insect Flying Killer (band)
- Installationsfragen-Kommission (German)
- Institut Fuer Kernphysik (Germany)
- Interessenverband Freiberuflicher Krankengymnastinnen (Syndicate of Freelance Physiotherapists, Germany; today: Bundesverband Selbstständiger Physiotherapeuten)
- International Federation of Karate
- Institut for Konjunktur Analyse (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- International Federation of Kidney Foundations
- Institut für Kommunikation und Interaktion (Switzerland)
- International Federation of Knitting Technologists (est. 1956)
- Institut für Kommunikationswissenschaft und Medienforschung
Samples in periodicals archive:
And then the second one, it's a great tackle and he's given an indirect free kick.
The pamphlet, drawn up in 1858, introduces laws of the game which still exist today, such as the indirect free kick, the corner kick and the use of a crossbar.
Porthmadog had an effort ruled out before half time when Jack Jones took a free kick that found the net but it was chalked off for being an indirect free kick.
Milan "scored" from an indirect free kick, which was allowed to stand, goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence had the ball kicked out of his hands for their second, and then we scored a legitimately good goal, only for it to be ruled offside.
It is time an amendment is made which decrees (a) that all fouls committed by the defensive team inside its own box will result in the award of an indirect free kick unless the referee deems that a clear scoring opportunity was denied to the attacking team, in which case a penalty shall be awarded, (b) that the indirect free kick will be taken from no nearer than 12 yards from the goal and (c) that if a foul is committed outside the penalty area that the ref deems has denied a clear goalscoring opportunity a penalty shall be awarded.
Maybe an obstruction call at best should have been called, which would have resulted in an indirect free kick.
The Dundee defender upended Gudjohnsen with a clumsy challenge and then breathed a huge sigh of relief as Dutch referee Rene Temmink awarded an indirect free kick inside the penalty area instead of pointing to the spot.