Genevieve Limestone (Mississippian) in the Illinois Basin: Indiana Geological survey Bulletin 48, 59.
What does IGS stand for?
IGS stands for Indiana Geological Survey (Bloomington, IN)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IGS
We have 217 other meanings of IGS in our Acronym Attic
- IBM Global Services (IBM consulting organization)
- Idaho Gourd Society
- Identify Graphic Subrepertoire (ITU-T)
- IGES (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification) Format (file extension)
- Image-Guided Surgery
- Imagery & Geospatial Support (NIMA)
- Imerslund-Grasbeck Syndrome
- Improved Gray Scale
- Improved Guidance System
- Inacom Government Systems, Inc.
- Indiana Gourd Society
- Inert Gas System (tankers)
- Inertial Guidance System
- Informatics Graduate School (UK)
- Information Gas Station (Helsinki, Finland)
- Information Gateway Services (Internet service provder; Canada)
- Information Gathering Satellite (Japan)
- Information Generation System
- Inner Glide Slope
- Innovative Gas Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
The MGSC is led by the Illinois State Geological Survey, in conjunction with the Indiana Geological Survey and the Kentucky Geological Survey, and covers Illinois, southwestern Indiana and western Kentucky.
The Indiana Geological Survey (1997) classifies this stone as chemically pure, averaging 97% plus calcium carbonate and 1.
This review paper has benefited from the many discussions over the last eight years with Steve Brown of the Indiana Geological Survey who has provided information and maps in an efficient and unhesitating manner.
The control for subsurface data is limited to available well logs on file at the Indiana Geological Survey.