[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The top recruit is Habrobracon hebetor, a 2- to 3-millimeter-long, reddish-brown wasp that seeks out the caterpillar offspring of hosts like the Indian-meal moth and immobilizes them with a paralyzing sting.
What does IMM stand for?
IMM stands for Indian-Meal Moth (pest)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMM
We have 170 other meanings of IMM in our Acronym Attic
- Illegal Money Lending Unit (UK)
- Independent Medico Legal Unit
- I Me Mine (Beatles song)
- I My Me (anime)
- Idaho Mountain Ministries
- Image Manifest Message
- Immokalee Regional Airport (Florida)
- Impedance-Matching Module
- Inbound Message Manager
- Independent Media Marketplace
- Informatics and Mathematical Modelling
- Informatik og Matematisk Modellering (Denmark)
- Injection Molding Machine
- Injection Molding Magazine
- Innovative Mobile Marketing (Bourbonnais, IL)
- Input Method Manager (Microsoft)
- Installation Maintenance Manager
- Institut für Mikrotechnik Mainz (Germany)
- Institute for Molecular Manufacturing
- Institute for Molecules and Materials (Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But this nut is also a favorite with insects like the navel orangeworm, codling moth, and Indian-meal moth, which find its nutmeat tasty and its sturdy shell a cozy home for their wormlike offspring.