One response came in November 2008 when Indigenous Elders from the Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS) gathered in Calgary to lay out their perspectives on the TRC and issue an official statement to the government of Canada.
What does IRSSS stand for?
IRSSS stands for Indian Residential School Survivors Society (est. 1994; West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IRSSS
We have 1 other meaning of IRSSS in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Range Status System
- Integrated Reliability Software Suite
- Integrated Requirements Supply System
- International Relations and Security Studies (various universities)
- International Russian-Speaking Squad
- Investor Responsibility Support Services (Media, PA)
- Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement (Canada)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers (India)
- Indian Rural Settlement Survey Institute
- Improved Remote Strafe Scoring System (acoustic scoring system for US Navy and US Air Force training ranges)
- Institut de Recherche Robert-Sauvé en Santé et en Sécurité du Travail (French: Institute for Research in Occupational Health and Safety; Québec, Canada)
- International Rice Soil Stress Nursery
- Institut de Recherche en Santé et Sécurité du Travail du Québec
- Immediate Response Spill Technologies, LLC (Louisville, KY)
- Incident Response and Security Team
- Infrared Search and Track (US DoD)
- Institute for Scientific and Technological Research
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel Corp.)
- Ionospheric Radio Systems and Techniques (conference)
- Iran Standard Time (time zone)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thira is the executive director of the Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS), a not-for-profit agency that provides information, referral, crisis counselling, training, workshops and networking for survivors, communities and regions throughout British Columbia.
705) 859-2385 INDIAN RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL SURVIVORS SOCIETY GOLF TOURNAMENT July 31, 2004 Delta, B.
Its' probably the best money that's ever been spent on Aboriginal issues," Chief Robert Joseph, executive director of Vancouver's Indian Residential School Survivors Society told Windspeaker on March 26.
The conference sponsored by the Indian Residential School Survivors Society titled Survival and Beyond: Hope, Help & Healing Gathering, brought survivors and their families, along with church and government representatives together on the beautiful University of British Columbia campus last month.
The Indian Residential School Survivors Society based in West Vancouver, formerly known as the Provincial Residential School Project, hails the Irish church's decision to compensate abuse victims and hopes the Catholic church in Canada will follow suit.