00 Paperback E98 Native American tribes were forced to give up 412,000 square miles of territory in the American Northeast, north of the Ohio River, between the first contact and the enforcement of the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
What does IRA stand for?
IRA stands for Indian Removal Act of 1830
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IRA
We have 238 other meanings of IRA in our Acronym Attic
- Illinois Restaurant Association
- Immediate Response Account
- Immediate Response Authority (US FEMA)
- Import Risk Analysis
- Import Risk Assessment
- Impulse Radiating Antenna
- Incubateur Régional d'Aquitaine (French: Aquitaine Regional Incubator; Aquitaine, France)
- Independent Regulatory Agency
- Independent Reporting Activity
- Independent Research Agency
- Indian Reorganization Act
- Indiana Rehabilitation Association
- Individual Retirement Account
- Individual Retirement Annuity (life insurance)
- Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRS)
- Individual Right of Action (legal claim)
- Individualized Residential Alternative (New York)
- Industrial Rope Access
- Informal Rate Agreement
- Information Requirement Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
They and other American Indians were forced by the Indian Removal Act of 1830 to abandon their homelands to meet white settlers' demands for land.
Askin is also examining the rise of American Indian casinos, medicinal issues among American Indians and the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
A separate Indian Country west of the Mississippi River was declared in 1825, and the Indian Removal Act of 1830 called for all American Indians in the east to be relocated there.