The IOC banned India in December over government interference in elections of the Indian Olympic Association.
What does IOA stand for?
IOA stands for Indian Olympic Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOA
We have 91 other meanings of IOA in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Ocean Global Ocean Observing System
- Individually Optimum Multi-User Detector
- Instytut Oceanologii Polskiej Akademii Nauk (Polish: Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences; Sopot, Poland)
- Instant-On Input-Output
- Information Outlook 2000 Conference (Australian Computer Society, Canberra Branch)
- Immediate Origination Approach
- In Name Of
- Incidence of Aggression
- Independent Operational Assessment
- Independent Orbiter Assessment (Space Shuttle)
- Indiana Optometric Association
- Inductive Output Amplifier
- Industrial Operations Analyst (GSA job description)
- Information-Oriented Architecture
- Initial Operational Assessment
- Input/Output Adapter
- Input/Output Automaton
- Institute of Acoustics
- Institute of Archaeology (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Institute of Astronomy
Samples in periodicals archive:
FOLLOWING in the footsteps of the International Olympic Committee ( IOC), the Commonwealth Games Federation ( CGF) has decided to distance itself from the Abhay Singh Chautalaled Indian Olympic Association ( IOA) for the preparation for next year's CWG in Scotland.
That paved the way for his unopposed election as president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Wednesday (December 05), a day after the IOC banned the body for allowing government interference in its poll.
The London Mayor looked less than happy as Vijay Kumar Malhotra, acting president of the Indian Olympic Association, said there was apprehension amongst the Indians that London's transport system could prove chaotic as millions of visitors descended on the capital.
THE head of the Indian Olympic Association is to officially ask for London 2012 to drop Dow Chemical as a sponsor - but he has stopped short of calling for a Games boycott.
THE head of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is to officially ask for London 2012 to drop Dow Chemical as a sponsor - but he has stopped short of calling for a Games boycott.
We would advise the Indian Olympic Association to raise this matter immediately with the IOC while keeping the government informed.
VK Malhotra, acting president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), said anger among some athletes about Dow Chemical sponsoring London 2012 would be discussed but that a boycott was not on the agenda.