Regional Maritime Security Initiatives Aimed at Reducing Modern Maritime Security Threats" has been chosen as the motto of the Third Indian Ocean Naval Symposium.
What does IONS stand for?
IONS stands for Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (multi-national conference)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IONS
We have 7 other meanings of IONS in our Acronym Attic
- Interoperability Network
- IP Operational Network (NASA)
- International Oncology Nursing Fellowships
- Indian Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Illinois Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Internal Organization of the Network Layer (OSI)
- I Don't Know
- Integrated On-Demand Network Order Entry
- International Organization Nonproliferation Project
- Cooperative Activity Ion Printing Technology
- Information Operations, Networks & Space (US Army)
- Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Institute of Oceanography, Nova Scotia
- INTEX (Intercontinental Chemical Transport Experiment) Ozonesonde Network Study
- Isolated Old Neutron Stars (astronomy)
- Integrated On-Demand Network Service Center
- Intraoperative Nausea and Vomiting
- Idaho Operations Office
- In Our Opinion
- Independent Owner Operator (truck driver)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa, in a bid to take part in the 3rd Indian Ocean Naval Symposium.
Expressing concern at the spread of piracy in the Indian Ocean Region, Antony's suggestion that the navies of the two countries could explore practical cooperation in the fight against piracy and an active role of the Royal Saudi Navy in the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) construct were readily accepted by Prince Salman.
The visit by the Saudi Navy ships is a result of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium organized by India recently," said the statement.
Inaugurating the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium, India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said, ''The expansion in trade and economic growth dictate the need to ensure the safety and security of the sea lanes'' in the region.
That solution lies in the stabilisation" of Somalia, Commodore Bob Tarrant, director of Britain's Royal Navy staff, told AFP at the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) in Abu Dhabi.
Byline: ANI New Delhi, July 22 (ANI): Defence Minister AK Antony today informed the Rajya Sabha that the United States and United Kingdom have requested for "observer" status in the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS), an intiative of the Indian Navy to secure and stabilise the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
The challenges we face are too big, too widespread for any of us to tackle alone," Commodore Bob Tarrant, director of the Britain's Royal Navy staff, said at the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS).