In 1998, the school library committee of the Indian Library Association surveyed the school libraries in Delhi and found that most of the government primary schools had no library at all and in secondary schools, the libraries were substandard.
What does ILA stand for?
ILA stands for Indian Library Association (Delhi, India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ILA
We have 159 other meanings of ILA in our Acronym Attic
- Illinois Library Association
- Image Light Amplifier
- In-Line Amplifier
- Inadvertent Launch Analyses
- Independent Liberation Army (computer game)
- Independent Living Aids (disabilities)
- Independent Living Apartment
- Independent Logistics Assessment
- Index Linked Account (insurance)
- Indian Laser Association (India)
- Indirect Learning Architecture (wireless communications)
- Individual Learning Account(s)
- Inferior Lateral Angle (spine anatomy)
- Initiatief Lerarentekort Amsterdam (Dutch: Teacher Shortage Initiative Amsterdam; Netherlands)
- Inside Local Address (computing)
- Institut de Linguistique Appliqué (French)
- Institute for Laboratory Automation (Groton, MA)
- Institute for Legislative Action (political action organization)
- Institutional Locksmiths Association
- Instrument Landing Approach
Samples in periodicals archive:
Participating groups are the American Indian Library Association (AILA), the Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA), the Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA), the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA), and REFORMA, the National Association to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking.
The Native American Rights Fund; Native American AIDS Media Consortium; Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers; and the American Indian Library Association are media organizations represented in this collection.
The ALA Black Caucus formed in 1970; REFORMA, the National Association to Promote Library Services to the Spanish Speaking, organized in 1971; the Asian American Library Caucus emerged in 1975; and the American Indian Library Association was established in 1978.
Mitten (1991), both with the American Indian Library Association.