The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry in connection with the alleged favours extended to certain firms by unknown officials of the Indian Bureau of Mines while awarding licences for exploring minerals in the seabed of the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea, sources said.
What does IBM stand for?
IBM stands for Indian Bureau of Mines (India)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IBM
We have 218 other meanings of IBM in our Acronym Attic
- Iowans for Better Local Television
- Ignore Basic Laws of Universe
- Interim Bottom Loss Upgrade
- In-Business Las Vegas (publication; Nevada)
- I Buy Macintosh
- Ich Bin Müde (German: I Am Tired)
- Ideal Breeding Material
- Immersed Boundary Method (mathematics)
- Inclusion Body Myopathy
- Inclusion Body Myositis (inflammatory muscle disease)
- Individual-Based Modeling
- Initial Body Mass
- Injection Blow Moulding
- Inspection by Modularization
- Institut des Biosciences Marines (French; Canada)
- Integrated Border Management
- Integrated Business Management (Sales & Operations Planning)
- Integrated Business Module
- Intensive Bowel Movement
- Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (also ICBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He in his report has also hinted that the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM), Union Ministry for Environment and Forests(MoEF) , state directorate of mines, state forest department over and above the Goa State Pollution Control Board are responsible for the unlawful mining activity.
He says that each agency functions under its own laws and while the Indian Bureau of Mines prepares mining plans, the directorate general of mines is responsible for safety.
Though the Indian Bureau of Mines and the Directorate- General of Mines Safety have directed the firm to stop mining in the areas leased to us, it is continuing the illegal operation.