Through his positions on the Indian Affairs Committee, Appropriations Committee, and as Chairman of the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Sen.
What does IAC stand for?
IAC stands for Indian Affairs Committee (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAC
We have 595 other meanings of IAC in our Acronym Attic
- Inbound Approach Course
- Incident Action Council
- Incident Advisory Council
- Independent Action Center
- Independent Advice Centre (UK)
- Independent Anglican Church (Canada Synod)
- Independent Artists Company
- Independent Assurance Contractor
- Independent Auditing Consulting (Vietnam)
- India against Corruption
- Indian Airlines Corporation (ICAO code)
- Indiana Arts Commission
- Indigenous Advisory Committee (Australia)
- Indirect Adaptive Control
- Indirect Air Carrier
- Individual Activity Code (electronic access code)
- Individual Assistance Center (US FEMA)
- Individual Augmentee Coordinator
- Indochinese-American Council
- Indoor Athletics Centre (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, an idea to take away the Cabinet-level status of the Department of Indian Affairs, which was created by Richardson, evoked letters of opposition from at least four Indian pueblos and the legislative Indian Affairs Committee.
Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii One of the longest-serving senators, Inonye is past chairman of the Indian Affairs Committee and now leader of the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee that sets funding for thousands of federal programs.
The department would not support a land transfer from the Siuslaw National Forest of the magnitude envisioned in this bill," Rey told the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.
The Indian Affairs committee has been hearing witnesses express concern about this bill right across the country--concerns ranging from the lack of women's rights to potential abuses of power.
At a hearing before the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, Interior Secretary Gale Norton, who oversees BIA, told the panel that she wanted to review the new guidelines.
Emails released by the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, and available both on the Senate Indian Affairs Committee website and at governmentdocs.
who has been appointed to serve as Chairman of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.