They named themselves the Independent Union of All Workers (IUAW).
What does IUAW stand for?
IUAW stands for Independent Union of All Workers (est. 1933)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of IUAW in our Acronym Attic
- Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Institute for Unmanned Aerial Systems (Germany)
- Intelligent Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- International University of Applied Sciences
- International Union Against Tuberculosis (aka International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease; also seen as IUATLD)
- International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (also seen as IUAT)
- International Union against Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases (France)
- If Used, Actual Time Used to Count (ship chartering)
- Intelligent Uninhabited Aerial Vehicles (Worldwide Universities Network; various locations)
- Istituto Universitario Architettura Venezia (Italy)
- Illini Union Bookstore (University of Illinois)
- Independent University Bangladesh
- Indiana University - Bloomington
- Inter-University Board (India)
- International Union of Biochemistry
- International University Bremen (Germany)
- Intrauterine Ball (medical device)
- Iowa Utilities Board
- Islamia University Bahawalpur (Pakistan)
- International Union of Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Changing industrial relations, which Rachleff argues were characterized by national unions with "incorporated internal hierarchies and vertical structures," forced Austin's packinghouse workers, who were organized into a militant community-based union, the Independent Union of All Workers (IUAW), into the PWOC.
Peter Rachleff, "Organizing 'Wall to Wall': The Independent Union of All Workers, 1933-37," in We Are All Leaders, 66.