His professional contributions include service as president of the Bibliographical Society of America, member of the Board of Governors of the Research Libraries Group, as a founder of the Independent Research Libraries Association, trustee of the Vermont Historical Society, and councilor of The Grolier Club.
What does IRLA stand for?
IRLA stands for Independent Research Libraries Association (est. 1972)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IRLA
We have 1 other meaning of IRLA in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligent Robotics Laboratory (School of Engineering, Vanderbilt University)
- Inter-Repeater Link
- Interactive Reader Language
- Interagency Review Letter
- International Refugee Law
- Internet Reconfigurable Logic
- Interrupt Request Line (computing)
- Republic Of Ireland (Eireann, International Auto Identification)
- Independent Reading Level Assessment (American Reading Company)
- Individual Running Ledger Account (India)
- Institute of Registered Landscape Architects
- International Religious Liberty Association (est. 1893; Silver Spring, MD)
- Item Repair Level Analysis
- Isinglass River Local Advisory Committee (New Hampshire)
- InfraRed Local Area Network
- InfraRed Link Access Protocol
- Infrared Laser Assisted Photofragment Spectroscopy
- Infrared Laser Absorption Spectroscopy
- Industrial Relations Law Bulletin (journal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1972, fifteen libraries that at the time saw themselves as fitting the profile described above founded the Independent Research Libraries Association (IRLA).