The South African Municipal Worker s Union (SAMWU) and the Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) also participate as members of the MTC for purposes of consultative engagement on human resources and labour issues.
What does IMATU stand for?
IMATU stands for Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Isolated Mode Antenna Technology (Skycross)
- International Marine Animal Trainer's Association
- Information Mission Area Test Division
- Institute of Madagascar for Techniques of Planning
- Institute of Militronics and Advanced Time Interventionality (Australia)
- Inverse Multiplexing for ATM
- Institute of Modern Accountancy and Technologies (Sargodha, Pakistan)
- International Makeup Artist Trade Show
- Issue Management
- International Military Advisory and Training Team (Sierra Leone)
- Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research Utrecht
- International Martial Arts Union (Moscow, Russia)
- Islamic Medical Association of Uganda
- Intermediate Maintenance Availability
- International Medical Association Against War
- Illinois Movers' and Warehousemen's Association
- Infantry Manportable Anti-armor Weapon System
- Infantry Manportable Assault Weapon System
- Integrated Multiple Aimpoint Weapon Selector
- Image MAXimum (Imax Corporation registered trademark for advanced film format/projection system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU), which represents some 70,000 workers, said after a lengthy meeting in Pretoria Thursday it would sign a three-year pay deal on Friday afternoon.
The strike was organised by the South African Municipal Workers Union and Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union, which represent 150,000 municipal workers.