Five disabled people yesterday lost a High Court challenge to prevent the abolition of the Independent Living Fund (ILF), after arguing a Government consultation on its scrapping was "unlawful".
What does ILF stand for?
ILF stands for Independent Living Fund (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ILF
We have 58 other meanings of ILF in our Acronym Attic
- Impinging Leading Edge Vortex
- Inherently Low Emission Vehicle
- Independent, Lightweight, Elementary, Valid, Accessible (open source website template quality metric)
- Intermediate Level of Maintenance
- International Lunar Exploration Working Group
- Institute of Legal Executives
- International Legal Exchange Program
- Idaho Law Foundation
- Ilford, Manitoba, Canada (Airport Code)
- Increased Limit Factor (insurance pricing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Government is abolishing the independent living fund and disability living allowances.
The case began when an assessor from the Independent Living Fund decided he needed more help and recommended that both the Fund and the council increased his care package.
Edward was entitled to the independent living fund, but that was kept quiet.
K Monoghan, Banbury, Oxon THE announcement that the Independent Living Fund is to be phased out by 2015 is another example of the savagery of this ConDem Government.
Shortly afterwards, mum-of-two Julie got a letter from the Independent Living Fund asking for bank statements but Yolande said she would sort it out.
Evans now gets financial support from both Hampshire - directly - and the Independent Living Funds.
Carstairs AS a mother of a disabled son, I am writing to you with regards to Independent Living Funds.