Suliaman al-Rashudi and eight other men were detained in February 2007 in the cities of Jeddah and Medina after they circulated a petition calling for political reform and discussed a proposal to establish an independent human rights organization in Saudi Arabia.
What does IHRO stand for?
IHRO stands for Independent Human Rights Organization
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHRO
We have 2 other meanings of IHRO in our Acronym Attic
- International Human Rights Law
- Institute of Hotel & Restaurant Management (Goa, India)
- Institute of Human Resource Management
- International Human Resources Management
- Institute for Human Resource Management Education, Inc. (Carefree, AZ)
- Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners
- Integrated Hardwood Range Management Program
- International Human Resource Management Review (periodical)
- Indonesia Human Rights Network
- International Human Rights Network (Kampala, Uganda)
- International Historic Racing Organization (est. 1985)
- International Human Rights Observatory
- International Human Rights Observer
- International Human Rights Organization
- International Humanitarian Relief Operations
- Intrinsic Heart Rate Observed
- Independent Human Rights Organization of Uzbekistan
- In-House Reference Preparation
- International Human Rights Program (University of Toronto; Toronto, Canada)
- Index of Health Related Quality of Life
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is accused of banning all independent human rights organizations as well as an independent press.
Over the past three weeks, private banks such as HSBC and Commercial International Bank have contacted at least four well-known independent human rights organizations that bank with them to inquire about incoming transfers of funding from foreign sources.
The claims are contained in a report filed with the UN Committee by two independent human rights organizations -- the Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE), an international housing rights watchdog based in Geneva, and Al-Haq, a non-governmental human rights organization based in Ramallah, West Bank.
We fear that these latest charges are a further attempt to intimidate independent human rights organizations, which are already subject to severe restrictions, including state-security vetted registration and tight government rules on foreign funding," the London-based rights group said.
The JKPL statement termed the Shopian incident as the most barbaric and cowardly act of the troops and demanded an impartial and transparent probe into the matter through independent human rights organizations.
Freedom House gave Libya the lowest possible rating in all categories--political rights, civil liberties, and freedom--citing poor prison conditions, arbitrary arrest and detention, torture, domestic violence against women, the prohibition of independent human rights organizations, and the ban on independent press.
23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In a decision with ominous implications for independent human rights organizations in Russia, the Federal Supreme Court of Russia today denied an appeal of a judicial order to close the Russian Chechen Friendship Society (RCFS).