Will cost/should cost is an analytical process that seeks to preclude cost overruns from exceeding the independent cost estimate (will cost) at which the program is funded, by conducting disciplined analysis of all government and contractor cost elements to arrive at a should-cost figure.
What does ICE stand for?
ICE stands for Independent Cost Estimate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ICE
We have 783 other meanings of ICE in our Acronym Attic
- Improvised Comedy Ents (Cambridge University; UK)
- In Car Entertainment (Sony)
- In Case of Emergency
- In Class Essay
- In-Circuit Emulation
- In-Circuit Emulator
- In-orbit Communications Equipment
- Increased Combat Effectiveness
- Independent Checking Engineer
- Independent Commission of Experts (Switzerland)
- Index of Consumer Expectations
- Indian Council of Education
- Indian Cultural Exchange
- Individual Chemical Equipment
- Indoor Cycling Experience (indoor cycling class)
- Inductosyn Electronics
- Industrial Combustion Emissions Model
- Industrial Commercial Equipment (various locations)
- Industrial Communications Engineers
- Industrial Computer Equipment (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Independent cost estimates have suggested that 9 to 10 years is a more realistic schedule.
Start with independent cost estimates, "constantly attack it.
PRICE Systems supports the IRS by providing independent cost estimates for their modernization initiatives.
On the acquisition front, the Aircraft Division recently completed an independent cost estimate (ICE) supporting the successful Full Rate Production decision for the $8 billion CV-22 Program.
With a combination of information gleaned from the contract files and independent cost estimates, the components are priced, and indirect costs (permits, the contractor's profit, financing, etc.
They have asked Hellyer to provide an independent cost estimate for the completion of Phase 2 as a fixed-price construction project.
After a design is completed and the installation bids are received, an independent cost estimate can be essential in evaluating how realistic the bids are.