And (dispelling some of the objections about remote computing) with the help of Citrix's proprietary Independent Computing Architecture (ICA), users also can log into the Citrix system remotely, gaining access to every program on the thin client network over Web-based interfaces from their computers at home or elsewhere.
What does ICA stand for?
ICA stands for Independent Computing Architecture (Citrix)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ICA
We have 570 other meanings of ICA in our Acronym Attic
- In Ceram Alumina (ceramic)
- In Christ Alone (ministry)
- In-Course Assessment
- Indemnisation pour le Compte d'Autrui (French: Indemnification Agreement on Behalf of Others; automobile insurance)
- Indene Carboxylic Acid
- Independent Carriers Alliance
- Independent Charities of America
- Independent Commissioning Agent (various locations)
- Independent Communications & Alarm, Inc.
- Independent Component Analysis (signal processing)
- Independent Contractor Agent (insurance)
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Independent Contractors of Australia
- Independent Cost Analysis
- Independent Cost Assessment
- Industrial Claims Association
- Industrial Commission of Arizona
- Industrial Communications Association
- Industrial Control and Automation (various organizations)
- Infection Control Association (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When printing, UniPrint Terminal Server Edition creates a PDF print job that is returned to the client workstation via UniPrint's private virtual channel (with both Remote Desktop Protocol and Independent Computing Architecture supported), making it simple for users to print automatically, preview, save, or email print jobs.
Highlights of the new capability: -- Decode Citrix Independent Computing Architecture (ICA(R)) protocols to troubleshoot problematic transactions faster and more effectively -- Deploy Citrix MetaFrame XP Presentation Server applications "virtually" to analyze the impact on network utilizations -- Predict the scalability of Citrix-based applications Alain Cohen, OPNET's President and CTO stated, "Many of our customers experience challenges in deploying distributed applications and implement Citrix technology to address them.
Nasdaq:CTXS), a global leader in virtual workplace software and services, today announced that it has obtained validation from the Nokia OK program for the Citrix(R) Independent Computing Architecture (ICA(R)) Client for the Symbian platform.
ViewSonic has incorporated Citrix(R) Independent Computing Architecture (ICA(R)) technology in the ViewSonic ViewPad 100 SuperPDA and the ViewSonic ViewPad 1000 Tablet PC.
Citrix's Independent Computing Architecture (ICA(R)) enables secure access to all office applications, including ERP, CRM and other line of business applications, on a large number of devices with excellent performance.
Citrix's membership in this exclusive worldwide program demonstrates the value-add and expertise the company brings to the market for Windows Powered device solutions via its Citrix(R) Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) protocol.
Citrix products offer rapid, cost-effective deployment and include MetaFrame application serving software, NFuse(TM) application portal software, XPS(TM) portal software, application management products, and Citrix Independent Computing Architecture (ICA(R)), a core application serving technology.