In a recent report by the Independent Commission for Human Rights, the organisation stated that they are "gravely concerned over the extreme deterioration of the Palestinian prisoners' conditions in the Israeli prisons and detention centres" Torture in Israeli jails: methods used Israel uses both psychical and psychological torture methods while interrogating Palestinian prisoners and detainees.
What does ICHR stand for?
ICHR stands for Independent Commission for Human Rights (est. 1993)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICHR
We have 15 other meanings of ICHR in our Acronym Attic
- International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance
- Indian Community Health Profile Project (northwest US; data collection and analysis)
- International Classification of Health Problems for Primary Care
- International Classification of Health Problems in Primary Care (guide)
- International Conference on Health Policy Research
- International Conference on Harmonics in Power Systems (IEEE)
- International Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power (IEEE)
- First Chronicles (bible)
- Ijaw Council on Human Rights
- Indian Council for Historical Research
- Inner City Health Research
- Institute for Child Health Research (Israel)
- Interamerican Convention on Human Rights
- International Centre for Humanitarian Reporting
- International Champagne Horse Registry
- International Congress for the History of Religions
- International Council for Human Rights
- International Crusade for Holy Relics
- Iowa Coalition for Human Rights
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the release, this event, the first of its kind in bringing participants from the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP), the Ministry of Justice, the High Judicial Council (HJC), the Attorney General Office (AGO), the Palestinian Anti-corruption Commission (PACC) and also the Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR), aimed also at enhancing the cooperation between the security and the justice sectors on media related issues.
During the meeting, they reviewed the achievements of the government regarding the field of human rights, especially the progress in the establishment of an independent commission for human rights, and the issuance of the presidential decree to form an independent committee to investigate in the 2011 events and naming its members in the near future.
The Independent Commission for Human Rights condemns the execution by the Palestinian government in Gaza of the death penalty against a citizen this morning," the group said.
Mamdouh Al-Aker, the director of Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR), told the Hamas website that representatives of his commission visited the Bethlehem hospital where the prisoners are receiving medical care.
According to a statement released by the Palestinian Independent Commission for Human Rights in mid-September, these efforts included the repression of civil society and severe violations of personal freedom.
Elizardo Sanchez, head of the island's independent Commission for Human Rights and National Reconciliation, said those nine--many of whom were convicted of violent crimes--recently met with interior ministry officials to discuss their freedom and exile.
A report from the Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR) says that the security forces of Hamas in the Gaza Strip and Fatah in the West Bank 'compete' with each other for human rights violations in the Palestinian territories, reported international pan-Arab daily AL HAYAT Saturday.